- Dr Ramesh obtained his MBBS in 1993
- Masters in General Surgery from National University of Malaysia in 2000
- Fellowship from The Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland.
- Trained in Upper GI Surgery:
- Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute, India and in Malaysia.
- Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, England.
- Reviewer of The International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences and The Medical Journal of Malaysia.
- Council member of the College of Surgeons of Malaysia
- President of the Malaysian Society of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Consultant Upper GI Surgeon at Sunway Medical Center and Cengild GI Medical Center.
- Chairman of Upper GI Surgery subspeciality committee in The National Specialist Registry
- President for the Malaysian Upper GI Surgical Society.
- Council member of the International Society for Digestive Surgery, Asia Pacific.
- Esophageal cancer
- Gastric cancer
- Early detection of UpperGI cancer